Purpose

 Why do I write?
All that needs to be said has already been said.
By better writers and better human beings.
Much more eloquently and with much better restraint.
Why do I write?
When I cannot adequately express with words
What I experience with deep emotions and big feelings.
When neither thought nor expression has any consequence.
Why do I write?
When what you see, read, hear and experience moves your soul,
You are but a paper boat in a flood, a briquette in an avalanche
Camphor in a forest fire, a chair in an earthquake.
I have a duty to be consumed, it's futile to resist.
Rational objections are no object, bad puns not withstanding.
I write because there simply isn't another alternative.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Of newspapers

One year, and counting

Of award-winning books and movies